I know I've already mentioned it like a gazillion times, but my husband doesn't like pork. That's why this recipe is SO perfect for my family. Shredded chicken is an awesome substitute for shredded pork in the crockpot. This recipe is so easy, so flavorful and it versatile, too.
Easy. You throw everything in, turn it on and forget about it.
Flavorful. With just a few added ingredients, a run of the mill barbecue sauce is elevate to a zesty sauce for the chicken to soak up.
Versatile. It's not just for sandwiches! Try it on a baked potato with shredded cheese. Serve it over a crisp garden salad with ranch dressing. Make a barbecue chicken pizza! Think outside the box, people! No matter how you decide to serve it, I know you'll love it.
- 3 large chicken breasts
- 1 12 ounce bottle of barbecue sauce
- ½ cup italian salad dressing (I've used light italian, caesar italian, tuscan italian...use whatever you've got!)
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- Place chicken in your crock pot.
- In a bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients and pour over the top of the chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours. Shred chicken with two forks and cook for an additional hour.
- Source: Adapted from a recipe found on allrecipes.com.
- Shared over on Recipes For My Boys for Thursday Treasures.