So, here they are. Pretty little peanut butter blossoms. We have made these for Christmas every year since I was a kid. They're a favorite, for sure. The peanut butter and chocolate combo is a no-brainer and just about no one can resist a cookie with a kiss on top!
Ingredients yeilds about 4 dozen
- 48 Hershey's Kisses (You can buy them unwrapped! Just look around the candy and baking sections at your grocery store.)
- ½ cup margarine, softened
- ¾ cup creamy peanut butter
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1½ cup flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- extra sugar for rolling the cookies in
- Preheat your oven to 375°.
- Beat the margarine and peanut butter until blended.
- Add the sugar and brown sugar and beat until fluffy.
- Add the egg, milk and vanilla and beat well.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt. Beat it into the peanut butter mixture a little at a time until it's all incorporated.
- Shape the dough into 1 inch balls. Roll them in the extra sugar and place them on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until golden. Take them out of the oven and immediately press a Hershey's Kiss into the center of each cookie. The cookie will crack around the edges.
- Cool the cookies on a wire rack until completely cooled. (The kisses will get really soft. It will take a while for them to harden again! Be patient!)
- Source: Slightly adapted from a recipe by the folks that make Hershey's Kisses.