Chicken & Swiss Casserole


Chicken and Swiss Casserole

It's safe to say that I love food.  I love to eat, I love to cook, and I love to grocery shop.  Seriously, I can spend three hours in the grocery store like it's nothing.  No joke.  I even have a food blog, for goodness sake.  You don't start a food blog if you're not in to food.

But, no matter how much my heart is fond of all things yummy, there are just some nights that I don't want to cook.  I sit around hemming and hawing about what I'm going to make for dinner until the very last second.  Then, my husband looks at me like, "Didn't you think about this earlier?  You had all day!"  Yes, my dear, I did have all day.  And yes, I did think about it.  Like a million and two times.  But I just didn't feel like cooking. Sometimes that cooking fire just isn't burning bright enough.  He just doesn't get it.

Luckily, though, there's meals like these.  I can make this on those night's when inspiration just hasn't hit me and I need to get my butt in gear and get something on the table.  Why is this meal so perfect for those days?  Because it is SO EASY to prepare and the end result makes it seem like my planning and efforts were great.  And it makes the whole family happy.  With some steamed veggies on the side, it's a done deal.

The chicken comes out beautifully cooked and juicy, the cheesy stuffing on top with little buttery bites of crispiness are delectable, and the flavors are homey and reminiscent of Thanksgiving.  I'll take it!



Ingredients
  • 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
  • 6 slices swiss cheese
  • 1 (10.75 oz) can cream of chicken soup (I use Campbell's)
  • ¼ cup milk
  • 1½ cups herb seasoned stuffing mix (I use Stove Top)
  • ¼ cup butter, melted
  • salt and pepper

    Instructions
    1. Preheat your oven to 350°.
    2. Place chicken in a glass baking dish.  Season with salt and pepper.
    3. Put 2 slices of swiss cheese on each piece of chicken.
    4. In a bowl, combine the soup and the milk.  Pour over the chicken.
    5. Top with the stuffing mix.  Drizzle with the butter.
    6. Cover and bake for 50 minutes.

      Notes
      • Some sauteed mushrooms would be an excellent addition.  You can also sub out the cream of chicken soup for cream of mushroom.
      • Source: Adapted from Swiss Chicken Casserole on allrecipes.com.

      Chicken & Swiss Casserole

      No comments

      Post a Comment